Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I never cease to be amazed at how illogical and irrational human behavior is, especially my own. For the most intelligent species on the planet, it's a miracle that we somehow we manage avoid doing the things that we know would be the best for us. Case in point; it's 9:45pm and I have been trolling around on the internet for the last hour when I should have been analyzing data that keeps piling up. I've been running experiments and adding new data to my data inbox but nothing is going out the outbox. I call it "self-induced work constipation." I know that I should go to work, the pressure keeps mounting and I feel the need to go, but in an ever repeating cycle I throw common sense and natural inclinations out the window and continue to gorge myself on news of the latest celebrity to be incarcerated without releasing any of the semi-digested contents in any sort of fashion. Perhaps my data colon needs to be cleansed or I need to take some sort of anti-procrastination emetic to purge myself of this horrible build-up of work and internet crap that has accumulated inside. You'd think that the answer would be simple; just close out the web browser, hide your wireless card in the women's bathroom and get to work. Yet, it's still just not clicking. Somebody please help!

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger DB said...

It's no use Brian. Succomb to the Internet devils that run our lives. The credit crisis pales in comparison to the productivity concerns that arise from work that is less than appealing--dare I say boring?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home